There are certain things that every woman should have. They aren’t necessarily necessities, but they are useful, beneficial, versatile or serve some key purpose. You probably are aware of some of these essentials already, but here’s where you can buy them at affordable prices.
1. A Signature Scent – Even if you don’t absolutely love fragrances you should have at least one perfume that you adore. A good perfume can boost your mood and your confidence. If you’re looking for an affordable scent, you can snag one at places like Harmon/Face Values, CVS, and Victoria’s Secret. You can go for body sprays and mists as opposed to heavier perfumes and colognes to save cash while smelling great. You can also buy a smaller size if you don’t wear perfume often. If there is a pricey scent you love check out “inspired by” versions. Some smell fantastic like “Pink Blush”, a version of Victoria’s Secret “Pink” that retails for $5 at stores including Mandee. One of my favorite places to shop for scents is Bath and Body Works. I love their “Eucalyptus Spearmint” aromatherapy body spray which is light and relaxing as well as the “Cherry Blossom” scent. “Cherry Blossom” is a soft, sweet floral perfect for spring and summer.
2. A Little Black Dress - Of course you’ve heard of this wardrobe staple, but it’s really a great piece. Black will help flatter your figure, it can hide stains, and it’s always chic. These timeless dresses go beyond seasons and trends and they are simply elegant. Find a dress that can be worn both day or night to save some cash. JCPenney and Forever 21 both have affordable prices and a large selection of dresses.
3. Dry Shampoo – Dry shampoo is the perfect way to freshen up your hair on hot (sweaty) summer days. It absorbs the oil on your scalp making you look and feel cleaner. Some have scents that will help you smell great too! It’s a great product that helps you avoid over-washing your hair. Shampooing too much can dry out your hair, strip it’s natural moisture and reduce shine. If you don’t have dry shampoo, baby powder makes a quick substitute. This beauty trick works best on lighter hair but works on darker hair too if you brush it out well. Here are some affordable dry shampoo’s you can try.
4. Stylish Sneakers – If you want to look chic but stay comfy while running errands, stylish sneakers are the way to go. You’ll want a casual pair that’s a little fancier than your average running shoe. These sneakers are made to live in, not workout in. You could go for a pair of flats, but sneakers are so much easier at the playground, walking around the mall and pushing a shopping cart around. Payless, Kmart and Forever 21 have plenty of affordable options when it comes to sneakers so you can find something whatever you style.
5. A Clutch – Totes, handbags and crossbody’s are great but everyone needs a good clutch. A clutch is the perfect bag choice for a night out where you don’t want to be dragged down by a bulky bag. You can take a clutch to a club, to a dance, a formal dinner or even use one everyday. It’s just the right size to fit all your essentials – i.d., credit card, cash, lip gloss and gum. You can buy a great clutch at stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Kohls, JCPenney and many others. Here are some great deals.